Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NiSo
Regular Visitor

NAV odata - organizational account

I'm trying to connect to my NAV 2017 deployment that is configured to authenticate with O365 but the Power BI desktop application is throwing the error message "The token service reported by the resource is not trusted"

I'm using Organizational account for the Odata feed.

Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @NiSo,

To troubleshoot this issue, could you try connecting to Microsoft Dynamics NAV content pack on Power BI service with the same account by following steps from this article to see if the issue remains?Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Connecting to NAV using the content pack works fine.

But the difference is that using the NAV content pack, you can only connect with Basic authentication.

Where the Desktop APP supports the Organizational Account.

When I connect to the Odata using an organizational account, I do see outgoing traffic on the NAV server to (my assumption would be O365 login page?) and then the error is thrown in the BI client. Logging in with the MS Dynamics NAV client works fine using O365/organizational account credentials.

I have tried 2 different approaches, using the common Azure AD authentication page in the NAV setup and using the dedicated Azure AD. Both work fine for the NAV client, but Power BI returns the same error when clicking on the "sign in" button.

NiSo.

NiSo
Regular Visitor

Once I changed the value TokenAuthorityEndpoint on the NAV server to the endpoint for my Azure AD, I now get prompted with the credential box for WAAD. But after authentication it is not able to find the "registered application" with the URL name of my NAV server. Not sure wherepower BI specifies this app name? 

In meantime I have reported a call at MS premier support.

Hi,

Did you manage to solve this. I have the same issue on Dyn365-Business Central (NAV2018 I guess). But it's a Saas solution, so I can't really change much

Thanks,

Johan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors