Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

NAV - Couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided

Hi,

My report has one Data source - a connection to an on-premise NAV server. We're using an enterprise  gateway to connect to the data, and I have 5 separate .pbix reports published to the service all querying it for data (on a timed schedule - none at the same time).

All 5 .pbix files use the same data source (they are copies of one another), and they query the same tables in the NAV database. 3 of the scheduled refreshes succeed, 2 fail every night. Looking into the errors, the credentials aren't authenticating.

It's the same data source, the same credentials and the same tables being looked up for all 5, so we know the credentials have access to the relevant tables.

Anyone have any ideas? I can provide error messages if needed.

Thanks,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please check below information?

1. Could you please check the configuration in your gateway about your failed reports, to check if the credentials are different withe the other reports? 
  2. Could you please test to refresh manually, it it still fail, could you please share the error information in the refresh history?
  3. Could you please check if the failed reports have just one datasource? If the reports have other datasourece, you also need to configure the gateway for the reports.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors