Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

humoon88
Frequent Visitor

MySQL Connection via PowerBI Gateway returns odd error

We set up a MySQL 8.0 server, uploaded some data, and connected a PBIX file to begin pulling data. The appropriate MySQL connectors have been installed in the MySQL Server and the PowerBI On Premise Gateway has also been installed on the MySQL Server. This server is a windows machine spun up on AWS.

When we upload the PBIX file to app.powerbi.com and setup the gateway to hit the AWS server, we keep receiving the following errors:

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."

Code:DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode

MYSQL:Unable to connect to the data source undefined.Underlying error code:-2147467259Underlying error message:An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'Renci.SshNet, Version=2016.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, The system cannot find the file specified.'DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind:MySqlMicrosoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath:ec2-50-19-199-157.compute-1.amazonaws.com;amsportfolio_newMicrosoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataSource.Error

2nd Error:

Activity ID:f03ddd4b-abe7-4205-af71-e410dadeff36
Request ID:77932eae-67f6-83a8-ad7c-7b8135e60ca4
Cluster URI:https://wabi-us-east2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code:400
Error Code:DMTS_UpdateClusterDatasourceCredentialsErrorCode
Time:Tue Jul 23 2019 00:57:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version:13.0.10175.153
PIN MYSQL:Unable to connect to the data source undefined.
Underlying error code:-2147467259
Underlying error message:An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'Renci.SshNet, Version=2016.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1cee9f8bde3db106' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind:MySql
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath:ec2-50-19-199-157.compute-1.amazonaws.com;amsportfolio_new
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataSource.Error

To troubleshoot the connection, I tested the following:

From a separate machine, I can connect to the MySQL database using PowerBI Desktop.

From the AWS Machine, I can connect to the local MySQL database using PowerBI Desktop.

So I can connect to the MySQL server, and I can see the new gateway connection on app.powerbi.com.

However, when I attempt to create the data source connection, I keep running into the same 2 errors above.

I scoured the webs in search of an answer for my issue, and no luck.

I referenced this site: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/On-Premesis-Gateway-cannot-connect-to-MySQl-source/td-p/717..., but I keep running into the same errors.

Any idea how this Renci.SshNet file needs can be located and addressed?

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @humoon88 ,

According to your error message, I think this should more related to the compatibility of power bi and AWS datasource. If your report which create by mysql works well on power bi service side, I'd like to suggest your to open a support ticket to ask power bi team to check the backend status.(connection and authorizations)

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors