Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

roydonc

My published reports do not reflect todays data until Midnight UTC.

I have two cards in a direct query, that is published to the service, from an SQL database, that work off TODAY = UTCNOW()+12/24.

A date card.

A data card, which accumulates turnover for the day.

The date card always reflects the current date and time, however I would expect the data card to be zero, first thing in the morning, but this is not the case, as still reflects yesterday's data until UTC Midnight.

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@roydonc 
The problem can be  the dax formula of the data card. To count the accumulates turnover for the day, you normally have Date/time value instead of just Date, in this case you should use now() instead today(), can be something like:

today turnover = Calculate(Sum([Turnover]),Filter(Table,[DateTime]=Now()))

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@roydonc 
The problem can be  the dax formula of the data card. To count the accumulates turnover for the day, you normally have Date/time value instead of just Date, in this case you should use now() instead today(), can be something like:

today turnover = Calculate(Sum([Turnover]),Filter(Table,[DateTime]=Now()))

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Direct Query doesn't mean automatic refresh.  Visuals (and datasets) are only refreshed when the user interacts with the visuals and filters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors