cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnchill Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

My org won't allow internet connection to Dynamics NAV content pack

Hello. I want to use the Dynamics NAV content pack but my organization does not allow internet connections to Dynamics NAV. Are there any other options for using the content pack?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: My org won't allow internet connection to Dynamics NAV content pack

Hi @johnchill,

Could you tell me what error showed when you connect the Dynamics NAV? And could you tell me which kind of Dynamics NAV you want to connect with (on-premise or online instance)The content pack is used to connect to online Dynamic NAV. If you want to connect the on-premises Dynamics NAV, you could use the OData to connect the Dynamics NAV in Power BI desktop.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
johnchill Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: My org won't allow internet connection to Dynamics NAV content pack

Thanks Daniel. There are no errors to speak of. Our dba has limited access to certain internal IP addresses only. I do have one of those allowed IP addresses. Our NAV instance is on-prem. I want to use the content pack but I will not be able to set this up from the service.

I know I can use ODATA to connect to NAV. I guess the question is can I use the ODATA connection, maybe with a gateway, with the NAV content pack?