Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

johnchill
Helper I
Helper I

My org won't allow internet connection to Dynamics NAV content pack

Hello. I want to use the Dynamics NAV content pack but my organization does not allow internet connections to Dynamics NAV. Are there any other options for using the content pack?

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @johnchill,

Could you tell me what error showed when you connect the Dynamics NAV? And could you tell me which kind of Dynamics NAV you want to connect with (on-premise or online instance)The content pack is used to connect to online Dynamic NAV. If you want to connect the on-premises Dynamics NAV, you could use the OData to connect the Dynamics NAV in Power BI desktop.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Daniel. There are no errors to speak of. Our dba has limited access to certain internal IP addresses only. I do have one of those allowed IP addresses. Our NAV instance is on-prem. I want to use the content pack but I will not be able to set this up from the service.

I know I can use ODATA to connect to NAV. I guess the question is can I use the ODATA connection, maybe with a gateway, with the NAV content pack?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors