Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My external client won't be able to access to the report on report server?

Hello there,

I tried to share a PBI report from report server to an external client, however, the client was told to enter a password to enter with his email. That is unusual becasue other clients don't have the same problem, our report server work space is Power BI premium with the diamond logo, therefore, enternal users should not need a Pro license to view the report. Do you guys have any ideas how that could be resolved? Any help is appreacited, thank you. 

8 REPLIES 8
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

In this case, I think the only solution is to suggest the end-users to follow this document to sign up a Power BI service account as an individual and start a Pro or PPU trial to use this new account to log in to the Power BI in your external client to access the content.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/service-self-service-signup-purchase-for-powe...

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

I suggest you to let these end-users follow this document to sign in to the Power BI Service for the first time using their MS 365 account to activate their Power BI account:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-sign-in#sign-in-for-the-first-time

Then you can use their MS 365 account to log in to the external client to access the Power BI content:

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Robert,

Thank you, but the client uses a single sign on for all her MS 365 products for her corporation, how does she enter the password if she doesn't have one? 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

According to your description, I think you should take Greg’s suggestion to let the end-users to log in with their Azure AD account to check if the content is available. Because no matter whether your workspace is in Premium capacity, the end-users all need an Azure AD account to log in to the Power BI to view the content.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Robert, 

thank you for the response, what should they do if they only have a single sign on for MS 365 products? They were prompted to sign in with a password. thank you for your help!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I am pretty sure they still need an azure AD account to login with regardless of whether it is premium or not.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Greg, 

thank you for the response, what should they do if they only have a single sign on for MS 365 products? They were prompted to sign in with a password. thank you for your help!

Was this ever solved?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors