Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Christann
Helper IV
Helper IV

My Slicers are not showing all their values.

When I use slicers in Power BI Service, they will not display all the values. Instead it only displays 5-6 values and then a useless scroll bar. As you can see in the picture below, It has nothing to do with the size of the tile. This same problem happens with all of my reports, so it can't be something to do with any specific report or dataset. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks!

Slicer.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
vaibhav_23
Frequent Visitor

Has anyone found the solution to this problem?

I am also facing same problem. I have few slicers in my report with no report level filters applied.

When i open the report, slicer is not showing all the values. But, the detail table shown in the report visual has those records. 

I think this is Power BI product problem. They should fix it. 

any idea, where to escalate? 

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Christann,

From your description, it seems that you are getting Retail Analysis Sample in Power BI service then add a slicer visual, right?

By default, this sample report has Page Level filter, if you add the slicer visual in a existing report page, please check if Page Level Filter has some filter settings. I would suggest you add a new report page and add a slicer to display City values, make sure the Page/Report Level filter don’t have filter settings at the same time.

11.png

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thanks so much for your help, and great idea on what to check! I guess I was not very clear in my expaination. This problem persists in all of my PBI Service Reports. Both ones with my data, and samples, reports created in BI Desktop, or directly in Power Bi Service. Any other ideas? And thanks again for your helpful insights. I wouldn't ever have thought of checking Page Filters!

Can you post a snapshot of your table/dataset?  Specifically, an area that has a city that's not showing up.

I wonder if there's some spacing that's off or perhaps a UTF-8 issue of some sort.

Thanks for checking, but this problem happens with all of my data sets. The dataset used in my snapshot is one of the PBI sample data sets.

Chas2002
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Christann,

Crazy question, but are you certian there are no two-way filters in place?

Chas

No, I am not sure. What is a two way filter?

Sorry, I think the correct term is 'cross-filter'.  Many times my end users would click on an item in a chart (for example) this was cross-filtered to date, then they left the report and wondered why the dates were limited in the slicer when they returned.

Please see this post that I recently responded to: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Determining-Filter-on-Dashboard-Tile/m-p/382651#M41987

Chas

OK, that makes sense, but this problem happens even when there is only a slicer on the page by itself. Also this displays even with no charts selected. Any further ideas on what may be wrong?

That is odd, can you share the City data table or do a snapshot of it?

This particular data is from the Power Bi Sample data "Retail Analysis Sample". The slicer visual shows up the same with all my data sets.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors