Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

Multiple reports with single dataset in Power BI service

Hello All,

I have one report created in Power BI desktop in Live connection mode source as Azure Analysis Service and published on Power BI service.

If i make copy of the report and edit the report (delete some visualisation) and add other visualisation with same dataset.

I am not sure whether i can achieve this, as of now the creds which i am using in Azure analysis service is not used in Power BI so i am not able to see the dataset.

I did try to save a copy but due to creds mismatch(i guess), Power BI service is not able to retrive the data model but if i use same creds then can i edit the report or create a seprate report with the help of existing published report dataset.

I am in doubt because of the Live connection mode.

Please help in case someone has any information on this.

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chayanupadhyay,

When you publish the file to Power BI service, you will see the same name under REPORTS and DATASETS(highlighted in yellow background). When you click the report part, you will see the reports you created in Power BI desktop. While when you enter the DATASETS part, there is nothing. It's normal, even you use import model, you still not see the table. There is no a table option (screenshot2:highlighted in bule line) in Power BI service to display all resource data.

1.PNG2.PNG

So if you want to use the dataset to create another report, please click Edit report in report part, you will see the visuals and table fields on the right.

3.PNG

If you are not familar with the data in tables, you can create a table visual to display all the source data and check them. Then you will know which column you want to use to create a new report. Or you can edit reports fine in desktop, then publish it to service.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thank you @v-huizhn-msft for your response.

My only concern is  when using AAS as source in Live connection mode.

So if i create report using Live connection mode source as Azure analysis service in Power BI desktop and publish the report,

Will i be able to use the same dataset to create another report?

As of now due credential mismatch, i am unable to check it but if someone has done that and share their experience with me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors