Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brettlloydpayne
Regular Visitor

Multiple reports linked to one dataset failing to update

We have been using PowerBi for a few months.

We have a dataset modeled in Desktop which is published to PowerBi cloud.

The dataset successfull updates in PowerBI Online, and the automatic report linked to that dataset with the same name as the dataset also updates with no problems.

However all the 60 odd other reprots that are based on that core orginal report, but have different filters for our different branches are not updating at all.

1) Any thoughts on why this is?

2) How can I see what dataset a report is linked to?

Thanks

BRett

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brett,

To answer your #2 question, you can find out dataset to report relation by clicking on "Settings --> Manage Personal Storage". You will get a list that shows all the datasets along with its properties like the size of it, when was it last refreshed, the associated dashboards and reports.

Hope this is helpful.

Request you to please mark this as solution, if you find this response relevant.

Regards,

Ashish

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@brettlloydpayne I missed this one. Do as @Anonymous said.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brett,

To answer your #2 question, you can find out dataset to report relation by clicking on "Settings --> Manage Personal Storage". You will get a list that shows all the datasets along with its properties like the size of it, when was it last refreshed, the associated dashboards and reports.

Hope this is helpful.

Request you to please mark this as solution, if you find this response relevant.

Regards,

Ashish

Excellant, the answer to Q2 is bang on, and does help me confirm that all my multiple reports are linked t othe one data set.

We now need to understand the answer to Q1, and that is why are all the other reports we have created based on that one dataset and core report not updating in content as the coire data set updates. I have a worry its a Microsft bug with the latest release.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@brettlloydpayne Couple of ways you can do that,

1. Use pbix file that you would have developed for reports before publishing to find dataset that report uses.

2. When you would have published report, it would have been created with the same name for both report and dataset in power bi service. Unless you have changed dataset name in power bi service after publish.

I would look at first two options and determine that way. Hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors