cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Multiple gateways on different servers

Hi, 

i 've 2 servers and installed on-prem gateway both servers with same account.  Does it cause an error i.e. locking each other.?

ServerA          Server B

Gatwy1           Gatwy2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Multiple gateways on different servers

Hi @rkapukaya ,

Does that make sense? If so, please mark the helpful answer as the solution. Then we will be able to close the case. More people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Hi there

Did you configure them in a cluster during the installation of the second on-prem gateway installation?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rkapukaya ,

If you create the different gateways with the same account, one of them will show a warning icon. It can't be connected.

3.PNG

If you create a cluster in the existing gateway, you need to note that offline gateway members within a cluster will negatively impact performance. These members should either be removed or disabled.

Add another gateway to create a cluster 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rkapukaya ,

Does that make sense? If so, please mark the helpful answer as the solution. Then we will be able to close the case. More people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Upcoming Events

Community Summit North America – Join Online!

Join this community-driven Power Platform digital event for unbiased support and problem-solving.

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Top Solution Authors