Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ShafiqRuslan
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple Similar Dashboards - Replicate Changes

Hi PowerBI Community,

My company manages buildings and we are creating dashboards for each building under management. Each building would have the exact same charts, wordings and the data from each dashboards come from the same data source. The only difference in each dashboard is the filtering of the data (Site A would have Site A selected, Site B would have Site B selected) and some minor wording change (Site A as the header for Site A and Site B as the header for Site B).

The only problem that I am facing right now is; for any changes in the dashboard, the same change has to be replicated manually on all the other dashboards. Would the PowerBI community have a better solution for this? Say like a "Master Dashboard" that ensures changes reflected in the "Master Dashboard" is reflected in the other dashboards as well? 

Thank you PowerBI Community

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @ShafiqRuslan,

I think you should do it like this.

1. Get data from data source and create a report For site A and publish it to  Workspace 1.

2. Refilter the data in the reprot that we created just now for site B and publish it to Workspace 2.

3. Create two dashaboards seperatly in Workspace 1 and 2.

Regeards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @ShafiqRuslan

1. Get data from data source and create a report For site A and publish it to  Workspace 1. Here we named the report for site A.

2. Save and copy the pbix and renamed the copy one to site B, open it and edit it (filter). Then publish it to the Workspace 1.

3. Then you can use the two reports site A and site B to create dashboard as you need.

Please notice here we needn't publish reports to different workspace.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ShafiqRuslan,

Here I suggest you to publish different reports to different app workspace. Then you can create the dashboard accrodingly in the app workspace. For example,  Site A to app workspace A, site B to app workspace B.

Regards,

Frank

That's a great solution. However, does this mean that I have to filter out the data from each workspaces to reflect what's on that particular site?

Hi @ShafiqRuslan,

You can filter the data what you want in the report, not the data source. 

Regards,

Frank

So this is what I've done,

1. Publish the master dashboard in two workspaces (master dashboard does not filter out any data)
  2. Filter out the data within the two separate workspaces - Workspace 1 = Site A & Workspace 2 = Site B
  3. Make a change in the master dashboard and republish in Workspace 1 & 2
  4. View Workspaces 1 & 2

The changes will be reflected on Workspace 1 & 2, but the problem is that the data in both Workspaces show not only Site A and Site B, but shows the data for all. 

Is that right, or am I doing something wrong?

Hi @ShafiqRuslan,

I think you should do it like this.

1. Get data from data source and create a report For site A and publish it to  Workspace 1.

2. Refilter the data in the reprot that we created just now for site B and publish it to Workspace 2.

3. Create two dashaboards seperatly in Workspace 1 and 2.

Regeards,

Frank

Actually, I should've been clearer in my terminology.

I wasn;t aware of the differences between reports and dashboards.

What I'm trying to achieve is multiple reports, not multiple dashboards. That means your solution is not applicable to my problem right?

Is there any other ways of achieving this?

Hi @ShafiqRuslan

1. Get data from data source and create a report For site A and publish it to  Workspace 1. Here we named the report for site A.

2. Save and copy the pbix and renamed the copy one to site B, open it and edit it (filter). Then publish it to the Workspace 1.

3. Then you can use the two reports site A and site B to create dashboard as you need.

Please notice here we needn't publish reports to different workspace.

Regards,

Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors