Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FelipeGualberto
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Power BI windows opened gets slow

Hello,

I published 6 reports in a premium workspace. Then I opened 6 different Chrome windows, and each window shows a different report (it is a total of 6 screens) in the same account.

All filters and loading times get extremly slow. However, if I use only one window, the experience is normal.

What does cause this slowness when multiple windows are opened with the same account? Is this a limitation of Power BI Service? Is it possible to fix that?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello, as we checked the metrics, the consumed quantity was far below the plan's limits.

Switching the browser from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge solved the issue, now all 6 different windows has been working as expected for full 3 days in a row. Initially, I am suspecting it is a Google Chrome issue.

Thank you for all suggestions and helpful answers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

There could be few reasons.  How powerful is the machine that has 6 windows open?

Are the reports direct query, or import?  Could you be overloading the data source?

Are you on Premium Capacity?  Have you checked the performance metrics of the capacity to make sure you aren't maxing out its resources?

The machine is quite powerful. i5 8GB RAM, but this happens with all company's computers, even with my i7 32GB RAM.

The reports are import, data sources are quite small, ~5k rows.

Premium capacity, yes. I'm pretty sure these 6 panels combined consumes few resources, altough I didn't check the metrics.

@FelipeGualberto,

If the issue with capacity then you can check your limits and metrics as described below.

Each capacity has limits. I don't know which you have. You can check them on the picture:Premium capacity limitsPremium capacity limits

When you use Import load in the report then it is trying to load each one using v-Cores to the RAM.

If you are a capacity admin you can follow the below steps:

1. Go to Power BI Service
  2. Press gear sign
  3. Click on Admin portal
  4. Click on Capacity settings
  5. Select a right tab (Power BI Premium or Power BI Embedded). I guess you need the first one because you've said you have Premium.
  6. Choose your capacity (click on the Capacity name
  7. Then you will be able to see metrics (CPU, Memory Trashing, Memory Usage, DirectQuery). You click on any of these four and you will see charts related to all of them. So you can check if some of them were near to the limit.

See detailed description from Microsoft here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-premium-manage

In case if you have Power BI Embedded capacity then you can see metrics on the Azure portal on Metrics tab.

Hello, as we checked the metrics, the consumed quantity was far below the plan's limits.

Switching the browser from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge solved the issue, now all 6 different windows has been working as expected for full 3 days in a row. Initially, I am suspecting it is a Google Chrome issue.

Thank you for all suggestions and helpful answers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors