Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mathangi_S
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Login using same account - Power BI Service

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me if multiple users can login at the same time using the same credentials on powerbi.com? 

Since I am sharing my dashboard with multiple users at the same time, I would like to know if this can be done without creating a group option, such that I create one user login id and share my dashboard only to that id, and if multiple users can login to the same account using the same password?

Any reply on this would be of great help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Mathangi_S A couple things to mention here. 

First, when you share a dashboard there is no limit to the number of people that can see it and interact with it. It's a one to many scenerio, you don't need them all to log in to the same place because they each have their own workspace, and the dashboard will show up for all of them.

Second, if you mean that you need multiple users to all have access to change the dashboard/reports and you want to use the same login instead of a Group Workspace I can only imagine you are trying to do this because you are trying to avoid the "Pro" license.

Third, I was able to connect to the same workspace from multiple machines with the same login, but I don't know how that scales.

Fourth, I wouldn't recommend this as every user would have access to fully control the environment and remove dashboards or alter any reports, etc.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors