Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

omniixrick

Multiple Issues (1 - Can't retrieve data model for this report.....2 - Can't create support ticket

Anyone else having issues creating a support ticket?  Pretty crazy that I have errors with my service and when trying to create a support ticket to get help on that error, the page to create a support ticket has errors as well.

My original error is in PowerBI where I get a message "We couldn't retrieve the data model for this report.  Please try again later".  Was awesome that this happened on demo day.  Trying again later is a top notch solution.  Not frustrated at at all.  Getting somewhat past the frustration I move onto creating a support ticket.  At that point I fill in the form and at the end can't click the submit button because their page had errors "loading questions".  I try this a couple of times hoping to see the questions load successfully and the ability to then create a support ticket.  No success.  So here I am reaching out to the community to try and help resolve a MS issue that they can't even realize is an issue because they have another seperate issue communicating issues.  Cheers!

6 REPLIES 6
omniixrick

Anyone else having issues creating a support ticket?  Pretty crazy that I have errors with my service and when trying to create a support ticket to get help on that error, the page to create a support ticket has errors as well.

My original error is in PowerBI where I get a message "We couldn't retrieve the data model for this report.  Please try again later".  Was awesome that this happened on demo day.  Trying again later is a top notch solution.  Not frustrated at at all.  Getting somewhat past the frustration I move onto creating a support ticket.  At that point I fill in the form and at the end can't click the submit button because their page had errors "loading questions".  I try this a couple of times hoping to see the questions load successfully and the ability to then create a support ticket.  No success.  So here I am reaching out to the community to try and help resolve a MS issue that they can't even realize is an issue because they have another seperate issue communicating issues.  Cheers!

@omniixrick Do you have a Pro license? Do you have this set up via a gateway, did you check your dataset to ensure the credentials are still valid?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hey Seth, thanks for the response.  Yes, I do have a Pro license.  Nothing changed regarding dataset credentials and/or gatewey.

@omniixrick, my visualizations are up and running again.  It seems that the I had to replace the following in my config settings.

tokenType: this.models.TokenType.Embed was replaced with tokenType: 1
permissions: permissions was replaced with permissions: 7

I was importing the powerbi-models and using the enums to populate my values, but they were set to undefined.

I hope this helps you.

I am having the same issue, "We couldn't retrieve the data model for this report.  Please try again later".  Have you managed to solve this issue or contact support?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors