Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skfinegan
Regular Visitor

Multiple IF conditions with averageX

I currently have the following IF statement to calculate the avg of the previous day's data if greater than 0.4. However, now I need to add a high limit of 2. So really I want it to take the avg of all values between 0.4 and 2. However, I am getting an error messge that "Too many arguments were passed to the AVERAGEX function. The maximum argument count for the function is 2."

Here is my formula with just the lower limit. 

AVG CH7 = AVERAGEX(FILTER('Kw/ton','Kw/ton'[Date]=EARLIER('Kw/ton'[Date])),if('Kw/ton'[Chiller7_KW_Ton_value (kW)]<0.4,BLANK(),'Kw/ton'[Chiller7_KW_Ton_value (kW)]))

Here is it with trying to implement the high limit. 
AVG CH6 = AVERAGEX(FILTER('Kw/ton','Kw/ton'[Date]=EARLIER('Kw/ton'[Date])),if('Kw/ton'[Chiller6_KW_Ton_value (kW)]<0.4,BLANK(),'Kw/ton'[Chiller6_KW_Ton_value (kW)]),if('Kw/ton'[Chiller6_KW_Ton_value (kW)]>2,BLANK(),'Kw/ton'[Chiller6_KW_Ton_value (kW)]))

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@skfinegan 

You cannot use if statement as the expression. To get the average between of all values between 0.4 and 2, try add the conditions in the filters: 

CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Kw/ton'[Chiller7_KW_Ton_value (kW)]),FILTER('Kw/ton','Kw/ton'[Chiller7_KW_Ton_value (kW)]>0.4 && 'Kw/ton'[Chiller7_KW_Ton_value (kW)]< 2),FILTER('Kw/ton','Kw/ton'[Date]= EARLIER('Kw/ton'[Date])))

Paul Zheng

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@skfinegan 

You cannot use if statement as the expression. To get the average between of all values between 0.4 and 2, try add the conditions in the filters: 

CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Kw/ton'[Chiller7_KW_Ton_value (kW)]),FILTER('Kw/ton','Kw/ton'[Chiller7_KW_Ton_value (kW)]>0.4 && 'Kw/ton'[Chiller7_KW_Ton_value (kW)]< 2),FILTER('Kw/ton','Kw/ton'[Date]= EARLIER('Kw/ton'[Date])))

Paul Zheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors