Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

richard_newbold

Multifactor Authentication

Good afternoon,

We are having issues with logging in to the Power BI service as it's asking us to set up Multifactor Authentication.

Multifactor Authentication on login is not appropriate for our organisation and is now blocking access to our dashboards. How can this be removed? Please note we only use pro licences, do not use the APIs and do not have access to Azure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @richard_newbold 

As far as I know, if you are forced to set multi-factor authentication when logging in to your AAD account, this is generally related to the settings for multi-factor authentication in your tenant, and the settings for multi-factor authentication in your tenant, which are generally related to the Enforced security policies set by your tenant administrator. If necessary, contact your AAD tenant administrator to enable or disable the relevant functions to prevent this problem from happening again:

Providing a default level of security in Azure Active Directory - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @richard_newbold 

As far as I know, if you are forced to set multi-factor authentication when logging in to your AAD account, this is generally related to the settings for multi-factor authentication in your tenant, and the settings for multi-factor authentication in your tenant, which are generally related to the Enforced security policies set by your tenant administrator. If necessary, contact your AAD tenant administrator to enable or disable the relevant functions to prevent this problem from happening again:

Providing a default level of security in Azure Active Directory - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @richard_newbold 

I have also seen this and what I did in the past was to just click on cancel and it went away.

Can you also confirm with your network admin if they have not enabled MFA for your organization?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors