Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paul_pelletier
Frequent Visitor

Multi-language report/dashboard support

I would like to create reports/dashboards that would present data (product names, months, city names, etc.) in the prefered language of the user.

I have 2 kind of datasets

1. Direct Query to MD AS

2. Import Data from MD AS

I have translations to support french & english and I can modify the ConnectionString used in the Import Data to specify the "Locale Identifier" to create a dataset using one of them.

My question is: What is the best way to design a report that would adapt to the language of the user ? For the Direct Query, it seems that I would need a way to specify the Locale Identifier of the connection. For the "Import Data" I am unsure how I could achieve that without have to create a separate dataset for each language and duplicate my reports.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, is there any news/update or new insight on this subject?

zsuzsannaehl
Regular Visitor

Hi Paul,

Did you receive or find any answer on this? I am also looking for a solution to provide the reports in multiple languages. I need to define field names in the language of the user. E.g. at the top of the graph we can see "amount per product" which is generated automatically based on the name of the fields we used to create the graph. The data is in the language of the user already and I know we can set the software language.

I found this which might be interesting for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZQ4BZmtseo.

Rgs, Zsuzsanna

No, I did not find an answer beside that this functionality should be availble in a future release...

While your link is not an answer to my problem, it is very interesting ! Thanks !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors