cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIBarry Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Ms Access Refresh - Error 2147467259

Hi,

I have an issue refreshing a Query from an Ms Access Database, returning the above error code. Error below.

Refresh Error.PNG

I have read that this can be caused by changing the name of a table,tabs in the source etc, but that is not causing this. 

This is the query I am connected to(Named exactly as above)

PMO Entries.PNG

I am using an personal-mode gateway, doubt that causes this error.  Is there anything within the Advanced Editor script that could cause this?

ae.PNG

Any help to get my first scheduled dataset to run would be greatly appreciated Smiley Very Happy

Thanks,

Barry.

4 REPLIES 4
BIBarry Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Ms Access Refresh - Error 2147467259

FYI The refresh works fine in Desktop with no errors appearing in Power Direct.

Microsoft v-cherch-msft
Microsoft

Hi @BIBarry

I cannot reproduce the same issue. Please check if the below post could help you.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Expression-Error-The-key-didn-t-match-any-rows-in-the-table...

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BIBarry Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@v-cherch-msft Unfortunately, this didn't fix the error.  I removed steps used in Power Direct changing any datatypes and republished the workspace. No Luck Smiley Sad

ALSO If I try to connect to the database from the Dataflow service, I cannot even see the queries.  My suspicion is that this error lies with trying to connect to a view instead of a table ?? I am the owner of the database so permissions shouldn't be an issue.

BIBarry Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Solved the issue, I had fields that were null in the database which were causing this as I had a default value rule set for the Fact Table, Zero in this case because it was numberic field.  Power BI was taking this rule into account when trying to ready the query from the database, identifying the null's as incorrect key values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors