Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving from a capacity created in PBI Premium(trial) to new one

Hi,

We have tested the Trial premium license(P1) and we now have more than 10 workspaces sitting there. Now we are ready to purchase the Premium license/subscription- in this context i would like to know if we still have to create a new capacity using the new subscription and repoint the workapces to this new capacity? what happens to the old capacity ( purchased from trial)? shoudl i be following same steps as before for the premium trial license?

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry I didn't find any reference about the premium trial neither the way to test it, could you plz kindly share how did you enable the premium trial?

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

the trial license is something microsoft gives( if u talk to their sales team they will give u the details). you can test it for 1 month before buyign the actual license.

In any case, i got to know that we have to create another capacity using this license and repoint all existing workspaces to this capacity and the trial license based capacity goes away.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors