Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Monitoring PowerBI Premium Capacity

Hi,

I want to monitor PowerBI Premium Capacity Metrics, with monitor I mean schedule alerts if some metrics exceeds a threshold.

With PowerBI Premium Capacity Metrics I see some interesting metrics to monitor, for example CPU use.

My plan was to:

• Connect to the dataset PowerBI Premium Capacity Metrics on another PBI report to see the last CPU use metric.
  • Publish this report and Pin this metric into a dashboard
  • Schedule one alert if the metric exceed the threshold

The biggest problem that I found doing this is that the "PowerBI Premium Capacity Metrics" can only be refreshed 8 times on a day, this means one refresh every 3 hours. This means that I will receive the alert 3 hours after the event.

Do you know any other possible method to implement this?

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could configure schedule refresh in the dataset. If you have premium license, you can get 48 times per day (interval is half an hour ).

2-1.PNG

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-eachen-msft ,

I'm not able to refresh more than 8 times because the datasource is not allocated in a Premium Workspaces and I haven't found a way to move the datasource.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors