Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

david27
Frequent Visitor

Modify the visual in the published report(read only - end user)

Hi, 

I recently watched a video on "The Future of Modern BI - Roadmap & Vision" where in "Soumya Vijay" was talking about giving the end user control to change the visuals in the report. Also to change the metrics and dimensions.

I had updated my desktop couple of days back and built a report and published it to PowerBI Web, but i do not see such features available for use.

Is this limited to a particular set of users (like premium or pro)? I am just using a free account for now.

Can someone give me some clarity on this

Thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The hint is in the name of the video "The Future of Modern BI - Roadmap & Vision"  - this is a demo of a feature Microsoft is currently building. It is not yet available on any of the public releases, what they were showing was an internal Microsoft preview build.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see "Modify this visual" on this YouTube at 13:20. I don't see it in 2019 release wave 2 plan, so hoping it shows up early next year 🙂

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2019wave2/business-intelligence/planned...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this on the roadmap, public preview April 2020, release ???

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2020wave1/business-intelligence/visual-...

Whether it's swapping what is on the axis, changing the visual type, or adding something to the tooltip, it's hard to make one visual that will satisfy every user's requirements. This new capability will allow users to make tweaks to visuals on a report that they may not have edit access to.

explore

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @david27 

Could you please share which feature you are going to use? The content pack or app?

Best Regards,

Teige

Hi @TeigeGao ,

Sharing a screenshot of the feature that I am talking aboutModifying visual on the fly in a published reportModifying visual on the fly in a published report

The hint is in the name of the video "The Future of Modern BI - Roadmap & Vision"  - this is a demo of a feature Microsoft is currently building. It is not yet available on any of the public releases, what they were showing was an internal Microsoft preview build.

Thanks d_gosbell

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors