Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shill1000
Helper IV
Helper IV

Mixed source in dataset

I can't see a post that matches eactly what I am seeing, but if someone can direct me to one I'd be grateful.

I've got multiple reports based on the same PBIX template, that uses dataflows for most data but 3 sources are not available from the same on prem data source that the flows use, so I added these as Sharepoint sourced files. The dataflows refresh fine and it seems to refresh OK manually in desktop, but the dataset(s) for the report can't be configured to automatically refresh. The attached shows what the gateway refresh shows.

Gateway refresh.JPG 

did see this post and I'm wondering if it indicates that I can't mix 2 online sources (Dataflow and SharePoint), but it seems to indicate the only issue is with mixed on and offline sources?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Data-Gateway-does-not-refresh-datasets-on-mixed-datasou...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Can you make sure that you have enabled the setting to allow for both On-Premise and cloud data sources as detailed in the Microsoft Docs below?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-mashup-on-premises-cloud

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Can you make sure that you have enabled the setting to allow for both On-Premise and cloud data sources as detailed in the Microsoft Docs below?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-mashup-on-premises-cloud

Power BI Blog

That was already checked. However, I now find that if I toggled the gateway on and then re-applied the scheduled refresh settings it seems to have worked even though it still says the gateway isn't correctly configured. It appears that the error is more of a warning than a stop error. It would be helpful if the errors indicated whether they were advisory or potentially process breaking. 😕

Yeah I agree, you want to know if it is working or of it has failed and needs some action!

Power BI Blog

It's not a solution as it was already checked. Did you mark your own post as a solution, as I didn't?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors