Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

jengwt
Helper V
Helper V

Mixed-Source Appended Tables break Gateway-Data Refresh

I have found that appedning tables from mixed sources (as ooposed to homogenous sources) breaks the PBI Service's Data-Gateway refresh functionality.

For instance, an appended table pulling from two DB2 tables and an appended table pulling from two Dynamics Odata tables will both refresh just fine when published to Service. However, if one has an appended table using both DB2 and Dynamics sources, the dataset manager complains, "You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new data gateway, or configure the data source for an existing data gateway."

We use an on-prem gateway, not a personal one.

In desktop, all combinations of appended tables work just fine, so it's not that the connections aren't valid.

The only exception seems to be if you have an appended table pulling from a static table and a connection. But that makes sense.

I suppose this is more Idea-worthy. This seems like some pretty simple functionality that should be able to exist.

2 REPLIES 2

@jengwt Are you running the latest Gateway on the Server? If not, what version are you using?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer We actually just updated our Gateway this weekend. It has not had an effect.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors