Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarcF
Frequent Visitor

Missing rows on online refreshes on appended tables

Hi,

PowerBI online randomly removes transaction rows on appended tables. This does not happen when the refresh is done through the Power BI Desktop app (v. 2.42.4611.901). This is rather annoying as I end up having to upload a new dashboard each week instead of relying on simple refreshes on the PowerBI Pro online admin panel. I use to have the problem on a few occasions but now this happens at every online refresh.

After looking into it, I noticed that the refreshes randomly remove transaction rows from a table made of three appended datasets.The datasets are Excel files on my laptop that are connected to PowerBI online through the personal PowerBI gateaway (v. 1.9.5903.1).

Thanks for your help.

Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarcF
Frequent Visitor

I figured it out - one of the excel files was corrupted.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarcF
Frequent Visitor

I figured it out - one of the excel files was corrupted.

Thanks

MarcF
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I am curently in touch with Mihaita from customer support. The data is sensitive so I can't share it on this forum. But it consists of three appended .xlsx Magento orders extract. I think the problem comes from the gateway / refresh function that strugles with appended tables and other calculation applied on the table. I have re-installed the gateway but it has not fixed the problem. My guess is that there is a software glitch somewhere which is only apparent when I use refresh on the cloud.

Marc

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@MarcF

Could you please share the excel files to me? I’d like to have a try to see if I can repro it locally.

I tried some excel files created by myself but cannot repro the same issue as you.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors