Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

markusknapp
Regular Visitor

Missing Dynamics NAV Power BI app

Hello,

when I search for NAV Power BI apps (https://appsource.microsoft.com/de/?search=nav&product=power-bi) there are 4 apps:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Sales Report

Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Financial Report

Microsoft Dynamics NAV - CRM Report

When I try to add a service on the power bi website (https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/getdata/services) and there search for NAV, there are only 3 apps:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Sales Report

Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Financial Report

Microsoft Dynamics NAV - CRM Report

Where is the "Microsoft Dynamics NAV" power bi app? It was there some weeks ago. Now it is missing.

Kind regards,

Markus Knapp

9 REPLIES 9
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @markusknapp,

Based on my test, the Microsoft Dynamics NAV app sometimes appeared while sometimes disappeared when I searched the key word "NAV". If it is missing, please refresh your Power BI service site and search again.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It's really strange.

Reloading worked once. I saw the Microsoft Dynamics NAV app. But the "Get it now" link didn't work. It didn't open, instead I got back to the main page.

Now even after reloading, the Microsoft Dynamics NAV app won't appear again.

I'm experiencing the same issue.

I'm trying to connect to our on premises NAV 2017 and can't find the "Microsoft Dynamics NAV" app.

I too can only see the three NAV 2018 apps.

I can find it by going to Other Apps and seaching, but after clicking Get it Now it returns to power bi with a blank main panel.

I placed an issue, which was accepted and reported to the product team: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Missing-not-working-quot-Microsoft-Dynamics-NAV-quot-Power-BI...

Any updates? As far as i can see the issue is still relevant. Can't seem to select the "General" Dynamics NAV Connector (not the 2018 one)

The only update so far:

I had a MS-Support case and they found that issue themselves. The have enforce this issue.

But I also have no update so far.

Hi Markus,

Any updates so far? I have another customer who asks for this and i still can't see the connector. Did MS reply their status to your ticket?

Sorry, forgot to post here.

The solution from Microsoft:

We can now see 6 content packs on PowerBI Web:

For NAV 2017:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV – CRM Report

Microsoft Dynamics NAV – Financials Report

Microsoft Dynamics NAV – Sales Report

For NAV 2018:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 – CRM

Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 – Finance

Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 – Sales

The general "Microsoft Dynamics NAV" App is gone forever.

Hi @markusknapp

Thank you for giving clarity on this topic, now i have something to communicate to my customers with. 

Kind Regards,

Jeroen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors