Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aaronsteers
Helper I
Helper I

Minor usability bug (error message on failed refresh)

In the new (preview) web interface, the warning triangle shows up on a dataset with the hover-text "...Select the warning icon to view details". However, clicking the icon does nothing. You actually have to click on the "schedule refresh" button and then click on refresh history to see the details of the refresh failure.

Suggestion: Add a link in the icon (as suggested by hovertext) or change the hover-text to have the correct instructions.

Thanks,

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aaronsteers
Helper I
Helper I

This appears resolved now, as of this morning. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
aaronsteers
Helper I
Helper I

This appears resolved now, as of this morning. Thanks!

aaronsteers
Helper I
Helper I

@v-haibl-msft - Chrome was at version 54.0.2840.98, Mac is "MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)" using OSX version 10.11.6. 

I updated Chrome (to 55.0.2883.75) and tried again. No luck.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@aaronsteers

What is the version of your Mac, Chrome and Firefox? I tried on my MacBook which has the latest OS version, the detailed error message can pop up properly.

Best Regards,

Herbert

aaronsteers
Helper I
Helper I

@v-haibl-msft - Thanks for the reply. No, I don't see the popup at all when I click on the yellow triangle icon in your screenshot. I see the hover text (lower right) but nothing at all happens when I click on it (unlike what is displayed in your screenshot at upper right).

I am using a Mac and have repro'ed the lack of response both in Chrome and Firefox. [EDIT:] Also, I just tried in Edge. No luck.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Aaron

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@aaronsteers

I cannot repro the same issue as you. While I click the warning icon, the detailed error message will pop up as below. Is the pop up dialog not you want?

Minor usability bug (error message on failed refresh)_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors