Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sabeensp
Helper IV
Helper IV

Migration to Premium removing Pro Account

Hello,

I'm working with a client, they have 100s and 100s of reports, we just migrated all of their workspaces to Premium capasity. Now they are taking away all pro accounts from the users, when they take the Pro account away user loses the access to the reports they used to have.

What is the right approach here, does anyone has any roadmap? Do I have to give access to users one by one again on each reports/workspace/App?

Apprecite yoru help.

2 REPLIES 2
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sabeensp 

1. How did you share the report with the users?did you share the dashboard / report to the users directly or add the users to the workspace as members? Could they find the reports you shared in the “Shared with me” pane? If yes, try to open the reports here. Also please clean the cookie of their browsers and try to open the link you shared again.

2. Is the Row-level security applied in your reports? if the members are not in the roles, then they cannot see the report although they have been granted Read and Reshare permissions.

3. What's the premium you've purchased? P SKUs (P1-P3) should be selected rather than EM SKUs.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

@v-diye-msft 

1- P1

2- Both Reports and Dashboards are shared with the users

3- Some reports are shared directly with the users and also some Workspaces are shared with the users

4- No Row Level Security is used

When Pro accounts are taken away from the user, they see the reports under "Shared with me", but when they click on it, they are asked to upgrade to Pro Account again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors