cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ellac
Helper II
Helper II

Migrating to Premium Gen2 - admin must do's?

Hi!

I'm a rather new admin in a Premium capacity (P1). It has come to my understanding that the migration to Premium Gen2 will happen automatically during March. I feel a little worried about missing something very important that I as an admin need to do. What do I need to plan? What types of changes do I need to make in order to have a successfull migration?

ellac_0-1647874051590.png

All tips are valuable, thanks!

/Ella

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tutu_in_YYC
Super User
Super User

Hi Ella,
The only thing that will be impacted negatively is the Gen1 capacity metric app will be inactive, no more data will be sent to it. So if you are relying on the app, make proper preparations before migrating to Gen2.  

Other than that, nothing. I have migrated all my clients tenants with no issues.

https://iterationinsights.com/article/all-aboard-the-power-bi-premium-gen2-train/#thingsto

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ellac
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Tutu_in_YYC ,

Thanks for such a quick response! OK, that's great news. I'm glad there's nothing more to fix than that. Thanks 🙂

/Ella

The Gen2 usage metric app is awesome. Check it out!

Tutu_in_YYC
Super User
Super User

Hi Ella,
The only thing that will be impacted negatively is the Gen1 capacity metric app will be inactive, no more data will be sent to it. So if you are relying on the app, make proper preparations before migrating to Gen2.  

Other than that, nothing. I have migrated all my clients tenants with no issues.

https://iterationinsights.com/article/all-aboard-the-power-bi-premium-gen2-train/#thingsto

Helpful resources

Announcements
Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity is the largest Microsoft Data, AI, Power BI, Power Platform and Business Applications Conference in New Zealand.

European Share Point Conference

European Share Point Conference

This conference returns live and in-person in Copenhagen this 28 November-01 December with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors