Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Migrating to Premium - Dataset Refresh

Hi Team,

We are in the process of testing the pbi premium license in our org. We have about 25 datasets across the org, and im worried if i moved my workspace that has an app,report and dataset to premium will my refresh fucntionality remain the same? Can i continue to expreience the same seamless behaviour post migration? Or is there is any important things i need to take care during migration. I did not find any documentation on how the gateways, dataset refreshes get affecetd during migration to premium ( P1 8 v cores). 

Thanks in advance folks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

When moving an App Workspace to premium capacity it should not have any impact to your existing datasets and refreshes.

The only thing might be if your datasets are large and will consume more than the P1 memory capacity which is 25GB.

And then if all the datasets refresh at the same time it might cause the premium capacity to run out of memory. I would suggest testing and having a look at this.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

When moving an App Workspace to premium capacity it should not have any impact to your existing datasets and refreshes.

The only thing might be if your datasets are large and will consume more than the P1 memory capacity which is 25GB.

And then if all the datasets refresh at the same time it might cause the premium capacity to run out of memory. I would suggest testing and having a look at this.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!

Thanks for letting us know!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors