Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mbeaufils

Migrate existing BI from Qlikview to Power BI

Hello everyone

We are using Qlikview for many reports. Would some one have exerience this change. What coudl be the best approache. Hire company to do techical move, make progressive move drivent by the end users. How to garanty both quality of information , continuity of service and know ledge tranfer to large number of users

Any suggestion wellcome

Matthieu 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@mbeaufils,

Based on my research, there is no such a tool to migrate report from QlikView to Power BI currently. We can copy reports from the Power BI Embedded Azure service (PaaS) to the Power BI service (SaaS).  

So in your scenario, we need to re-design report based on your requirement in Power BI desktop and publish to Power BI Services. 

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@mbeaufils,

Based on my research, there is no such a tool to migrate report from QlikView to Power BI currently. We can copy reports from the Power BI Embedded Azure service (PaaS) to the Power BI service (SaaS).  

So in your scenario, we need to re-design report based on your requirement in Power BI desktop and publish to Power BI Services. 

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, the answer to this question is more than a year old. I was wondering if someone else has encountered similar situation as i am facing right now, that is to migrate existing qlikview to powerbi?

In fact ther is some architecture issue

Click view force to incorporate all tables in the tool while PBI can have more flexible architecture

- Import the data : similar to Click view

- Live or  direct quesry; Power bu cals external sementic layer

In a contex ot self service BI on large volume the second apread to us as more valuable. Although this supose some transformation both technical and cultural

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors