Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pradeep467 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Migrate dashboard between workspaces

Hi All,

I have 3 workspaces created, 1 for Dev, QA and Prod. The issue I have is the dashboards I create in the lower environements, I am being forced to recerate them in each environement manually. Is there an automated way for this process, as this is more error prone method. I came across some suggestions on Content packs, but I believe its obselete with the introduction of apps. Pls suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Migrate dashboard between workspaces

Hi @pradeep467 ,

Based on my research, there is no current functionality that allows us to migrate one workspace to another. 

For your requirement, I'd like to suggest you take a look at below link which told about using REST APIs and powershell script to duplicate workspace.

Duplicate workspaces using the Power BI REST APIs: a step-by-step tutorial

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Migrate dashboard between workspaces

Hi @pradeep467 ,

Based on my research, there is no current functionality that allows us to migrate one workspace to another. 

For your requirement, I'd like to suggest you take a look at below link which told about using REST APIs and powershell script to duplicate workspace.

Duplicate workspaces using the Power BI REST APIs: a step-by-step tutorial

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors