cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RIWA_INVID

Migrate PowerBI Pro workspace to PowerBI Premium Per User workspace

Hi,

I have a customer with PowerBI Pro licenses.

We are thinking of moving them to a PowerBI Premium Per User license since they need some of the Premium features (data refresh rate and larger storage).

Do we need to make som kind of "move" of the Pro workspaces to the Premium Per User workspace? And if so, how?

The documentation only describes how to move Pro workspaces to a dedicated Premium capacitet, so I'm a bit confused. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Super User
Super User

Hi @RIWA_INVID 

If you have existing Pro Workspaces, the Admin of those Workspaces can go to "Settings", "Premium" and change the Workspace to a Premium Per User (PPU) workspace, provided they have a PPU licence themselves. Once set as a PPU workspace, the contents can have more refreshes per day and can be larger etc. But note that only users with a PPU licence can access the Workspace. Note also that "My Workspace" cannot be set as a PPU workspace.

Burningsuit_0-1664445320674.png

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Burningsuit
Super User
Super User

Hi @RIWA_INVID 

If you have existing Pro Workspaces, the Admin of those Workspaces can go to "Settings", "Premium" and change the Workspace to a Premium Per User (PPU) workspace, provided they have a PPU licence themselves. Once set as a PPU workspace, the contents can have more refreshes per day and can be larger etc. But note that only users with a PPU licence can access the Workspace. Note also that "My Workspace" cannot be set as a PPU workspace.

Burningsuit_0-1664445320674.png

Hope this helps

Stuart

Many thanks!!! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
collabdays lisbon

CollabDays Lisbon - 26 November 2022

Sessions include practical, hands-on experience that will help you take the next step in your career and know-how.

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity is the largest Microsoft Data, AI, Power BI, Power Platform and Business Applications Conference in New Zealand.

European Share Point Conference

European Share Point Conference

This conference returns live and in-person in Copenhagen this 28 November-01 December with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors