Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aaroh_bits791
Helper I
Helper I

Migrate Power BI Pro workspaces to Power BI Premium

Hi All,

I have some queries on Power BI Pro to Power BI Premium.

1. A client has 450 users.
  2. They have 5 workspaces, and they are purchased Power BI premium.

3. Question: How can they migrate current workspaces to Power BI Premium?
    Does this Microsoft docs link explains  how to edit their current workspaces  and set to premium capacity?

aaroh_bits791_0-1626074567389.png

4. Question:  How long does it from Power BI Pro workspace take to migrate to premium?

Please advise.

@amitchandak  @parry2k @GilbertQ 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi!. Yes it does. The doc is first explaining the settings you have for premium and how to manage that. If you continue scrolling you will found this

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-premium-manage#assign-from-the-admin-p...

That piece of doc is showing how to bulk premium to all workspaces or later to do it one by one (I prefer this option).

The change shouldn't take too much. Once the workspace is saved/applied with the capacity the migration is complete. It's not that complicated 🙂
I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi!. Yes it does. The doc is first explaining the settings you have for premium and how to manage that. If you continue scrolling you will found this

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-premium-manage#assign-from-the-admin-p...

That piece of doc is showing how to bulk premium to all workspaces or later to do it one by one (I prefer this option).

The change shouldn't take too much. Once the workspace is saved/applied with the capacity the migration is complete. It's not that complicated 🙂
I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thank you so much @ibarrau ....

is any way that we can migrate "My Workspace" to Power BI Premuim?  

Unless you have a lot of items in the My Workspace, you can just publish the pbix files into a new experience Workspace created to collaborate. It's like republishing.

If you want to deep dive on how to really migrate or move stuff you need to know a bit about power shell. You can check this example: https://www.sqlshack.com/migrate-power-bi-reports-between-multiple-workspaces/

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thank you so much @ibarrau !! 🙏

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors