Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prasy14
Helper I
Helper I

Migrate From Power BI report server to Power bi service

Hello All,

we have mutiple reports on PBI report server in mutiple folder like HR,IT,Development and each folder has sub folder with reports. 

what is best way to Migrate to Power Bi service apps. Can one app have mutiple sub apps with different security

Example: we have SharePoint Dev Folder and BI Dev Folder under Development folder with it 3 reports in each of them and need to give access to only SharePointDev Group for Sharepoint Dev. 

2 REPLIES 2
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi,

Are you looking to migrate RDL reports or PBIX reports from PBIRS to PowerBI.com service? For RDL reports, currently you can only upload through the web portal, using "Get Data" option on lower left corner of page. On powerbi.com service, permissions are managed at workspace level. In your example, Sharepoint Dev will be a different workspace than BI Dev and you can then control permissions. Thanks.

Thanks  rpatkar

I am looking to Migrate PBIX file. some of PBIX files are been created using import on Power BI RS Desktop and Some of them are created using the Datasets on PBIReport Server. so, how can we migrate the PBIX using dataset and How to migrate the Datasets from PBI Report Server to Power BI Service

Can i create Dev Workspace and ceate a different apps for SharePointDev and BIDev. As on apps we can give access to BI Team for BIDev app and SharePointTeam for SharepointApp.

thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors