Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mpovey
Regular Visitor

Microsoft Teams - Pro Licence Required

Hi

Our organisation has a full office 365 licence, but only I have the Power Bi Pro licence.

I have recently implemented RLS on a report to share with the organisation through the new "Teams" offering, but all users are reporting an error of "This content is not available".

I have tried adding a Power Bi Pro licence to one of the users, but he is still reporting the same issue.

Any ideas appreciated.

Kind Regards

Martin

7 REPLIES 7
mindtouch

Anyone get this working with Teams?  I have a report (no dashboard) that I've added to teams, but nobody can see it.  Error: Content not Available.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue - I have tried adding Power BI tab within a team and my colleagues can't see it "

This content isn't available." even though they all have the (free trial) of Pro?

From my experience, I have tried to do the same thing and the issue is that because I have RLS filters set, I cannot put the reports into the team workspace that requires the RLS because it makes everyone in that team an owner of that dataset and then able to view all the data. However, even when you add the "teams" office 365 group to have read access on the dataset in power bi, I still get the content not available error. Has anyone found a viable workaround?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mpovey,

On Power BI side, Row-level security is a Pro feature. The user interact with data (including reports, dashboards or tiles) from a dataset that use RLS requires Power BI Pro license.

Also based on my research, Microsoft Teams is available to Office 365 commercial customers with one of the following plans: Business Essentials, Business Premium, and Enterprise E1, E3 and E5. Microsoft Teams will also be available to customers who purchased E4 prior to its retirement. As far as I know, only Office 365 Enterprise E5 has Power BI Pro feature, if you already buy another Office 365 subscriptions, you need to purchase Power BI Pro license separately.

In your scenario, please check if the shared user is Pro user or free, you can going to the gear icon in Power BI Service and select Manage personal storage. Also I would suggest you check which Office 365 subscription used in your organization. If it's not Office 365 Enterprise E5, please Purchasing Power BI Pro.

If issue persists, please share detail error message with us when the shared user can't see the report.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mpovey
Regular Visitor

Just a quick update on this.

If I share the Dashboard with the user, the report displays correctly in Teams with RLS implemented

I had hoped that wasnt a necessary step though

@mpovey

I'm trying to go a similar thing, but can't get it to work. I have a pro account only (in the free trial phase) and sharing dashboards with people is working.

I'm also experiencing with Microsoft Teams (the new collaboration tool, I hope you ment this as well), but if I make a tab with a Power BI report, others can't see it. I can only chose reports when creating a tab not dashboards.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@v-qiuyu-msft

I have a pro licesnse as do my coworkers. We have a team group and a seperate powerbi group that was created prior to teams. I am the admin of PowerBI and the CTO is the admin of the group. when I share any report in Teams, it shows up as content unavailable regardless of if it is from my PowerBI group or my own personal workspace. As I said, we all have pro licenses and we are all a member of the team. Why does it not work for me?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors