Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft PowerBI cost management

Hey everyone,

Last few weeks I've been doing extensive research into PowerBI but some things remain unclear to me. Especially some crucial things that are cost-related. My plan is to implement PowerBI embedded for the software we sell that has 250 licenses at the moment, this would mean we would make use of A4 with a max renders of 2400.

Our users will most likely check the PowerBI Dashboard in the morning and then most of them will not use it throughout the entire day. What I want is that if nobody is checking the dashboard, for the PBI service to pause so no costs are being calculated because I read somewhere that costs are still being calculated even though there are no renders at all

Now I know that there are APIs out there that can resume/suspend the PBI Service, wich I plan to combine with an idle-kicker, but is there anybody that currently has this running and is this an effective way to mitigate the costs?

Would love to hear you guys' experience on this and how guys tend to do cost management with PowerBI.

Kindest regards.

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

After researching, I think it is the best way to implement it. For now, there is not a clear document to introduce how to mitigate the costs. If you want to implement with options directly in Power BI, you could submit your request at Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors