Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sethforte1
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft PWA / App.Powerbi

Hello,

I just need an overview of this Project APP to App:powerbi relationship. My project manger has tasked me with updating and mainting this report attached:

My question still is where is the data coming from? How is the data captured and updated specifically? Is it through the project web app or the project professional desktop version or some other location?

I connected the report to my PowerBi Desktop (due to seemingly not being able to customize anything with the app.powerbi portfolio dashboard stock report) and on the left hand side I am unable to see the data in spreadsheet or a model view which almost seems like Project is acting as acube? Or maybe a PWA database?

My question is where is the data coming from and how can I see that. She also says that she has added some enteprise data fields on the project side that she would like to be added into this app.powerbi potforlio dashboard but I am unable to see any data other than whats being seemingly pulled in automatically from an unknown location.

Sorry for rambling, thanks for any help2020-03-20 11_21_54-.png2020-03-20 11_22_24-Untitled - Power BI Desktop (May 2019).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sethforte1 

If you connect the report in power bi service to power bi desktop, that's a live-connection mode that can't see the data view and relationship view.  you can refer to this article for more details:

https://powerbi.tips/2018/02/power-bi-connections-live-connection/ 

If you'd like to get the full view of data, I'd suggest you download the pbix from power bi service and then open it from desktop.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sethforte1 

If you connect the report in power bi service to power bi desktop, that's a live-connection mode that can't see the data view and relationship view.  you can refer to this article for more details:

https://powerbi.tips/2018/02/power-bi-connections-live-connection/ 

If you'd like to get the full view of data, I'd suggest you download the pbix from power bi service and then open it from desktop.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors