Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sanman
Helper I
Helper I

Microsoft Bing map terms and conditions

We are providing our customers a subscription based embedded powerbi report, and as part of the report we want to add a bing map - but the Bing map terms and condition states that we cannot sell the Bing map services to anyone.

Does anyone know how to enable usage in a paid environment like above? or recommend another solution for mapping that can be included in the report without breaking any terms and conditions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you Jing for pointing me in the right direction.

Turns out the bing map in Power BI visualization was showing an old terms and condition from 2011 that was supposed to be for end users and not for paid Power BI customers (hosts). 

Microsoft actually updated the T&C link there with the correct one after my communication!

All is well now 😊

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sanman 

Have you got the answer for this concern? If yes, can you share it with the community to help more users who have similar concerns? Thanks.

Regards,

Jing

Thank you Jing for pointing me in the right direction.

Turns out the bing map in Power BI visualization was showing an old terms and condition from 2011 that was supposed to be for end users and not for paid Power BI customers (hosts). 

Microsoft actually updated the T&C link there with the correct one after my communication!

All is well now 😊

@sanman That's great! Thank you for sharing this. You can accept your reply as solution to let more people see the answer quickly.

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sanman 

I would suggest creating a support ticket at Support | Microsoft Power BI to get an official confirmation about this concern quickly.

Regards,

Jing

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @sanman 

I was under the impression that it could be used for reports?

I am no expert on licensing and bing maps, but that would be my expectation unless it was clearly mentioned elsewhere.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @sanman 

have you had a look at the AcGIS maps in Power BI?

I would have thought that using any of the included custom visuals in Power BI Desktop can be used within the service without having to worry about licensing.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I have tried the ArcGis map but it is not as good as the bing map! I am just surprised that microsoft does not allow the use of Bing map to be used freely after we pay for embed capacity 🤐

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors