Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft 365 E5 & power BI Pro license

Hi Team,

In the service plan of Microsoft 365 E5 we do have the PBI Pro license. What does this mean?

when a user account is part of 365 E5 license, is this account defaultly assigned with Power BI Pro license as it is switched on?

What if the Power BI service is turned off in the service plan assigned to a group? Does it save costs?

Can you please explain in detail with example of an organiszation, several groups and user accounts. Please also explain on assigned paths & service plans.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arjun DN

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

you ask a lot if you ask "explain in detail", but provide rare information.

E5 subscriptions are assigned to users. A user with an assigned E5 subscription also has a Power BI Pro license.

I have no idea what you mean by turning off the Power BI Service.

Removing groups from the Power BI Service does not save costs.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

To my knowledge, it won't cut costs.

Regarding specific charging rules, it is suggested to contact a sales expert, calling 1 855-270-0615.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

you ask a lot if you ask "explain in detail", but provide rare information.

E5 subscriptions are assigned to users. A user with an assigned E5 subscription also has a Power BI Pro license.

I have no idea what you mean by turning off the Power BI Service.

Removing groups from the Power BI Service does not save costs.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response. My question may be unclear, sorry for that. Please see the screenshot below,

I can logded into the azure portal and in Azure active directory under license i get the below screenshot.

Please explain me on the Enabled services and the assignment paths. when I click on the below table and navigate to detail page I get to see that PBI Pro service (license) is Switched on. My question was on this if the service is switched-off will the be able to cut costs? Please explain me in detail how this works and even on the costs. 

MS365E5_Screenshot.png

Regards,

Arjun DN

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

To my knowledge, it won't cut costs.

Regarding specific charging rules, it is suggested to contact a sales expert, calling 1 855-270-0615.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors