Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eddiewagt
Regular Visitor

Metrics Scorecard Can someone explain the tracking period options for the metrics?

Hello all,

I am a little bit confused. I know I can change the tracking period for the metrics in the scorecards and I know this does not affect the daily update of the data. But I see different options than the documentation provided me (this page https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-goals-introduction).

Can someone explain what these options exactly mean and can someone explain me what the functionality is from the field label? Where do I see this label for example?

This screenshot is Dutch.

eddiewagt_0-1669974879568.png

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eddiewagt ,

Metrics in Power BI let customers curate their metrics and track them against key business objectives, in a single pane.

In my scorecard, the current value is 3 and next milestone is 7.

vyadongfmsft_5-1670235009261.png

You can set tracking performance for this metric in time period.

For example, if you select "Cycle over cycle", this means metrics will show the change every week (in my example).

vyadongfmsft_0-1670234314927.png

If you select "Cycle to date", this means metrics will show the change of month to date or year to date.

vyadongfmsft_3-1670234759753.png

If you select "No cycle", this means metrics just show the change between this metric's last 2 data points.

vyadongfmsft_4-1670234833823.png

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
eddiewagt
Regular Visitor

@v-yadongf-msft Thank you for your help! Great explanation.

v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eddiewagt ,

Metrics in Power BI let customers curate their metrics and track them against key business objectives, in a single pane.

In my scorecard, the current value is 3 and next milestone is 7.

vyadongfmsft_5-1670235009261.png

You can set tracking performance for this metric in time period.

For example, if you select "Cycle over cycle", this means metrics will show the change every week (in my example).

vyadongfmsft_0-1670234314927.png

If you select "Cycle to date", this means metrics will show the change of month to date or year to date.

vyadongfmsft_3-1670234759753.png

If you select "No cycle", this means metrics just show the change between this metric's last 2 data points.

vyadongfmsft_4-1670234833823.png

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors