cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Merged Queries working with the Data Gateway

I have 2 queries, one is an Excel file one is a SQL ODBC query.  I can publish both easiliy and the data gateway can refresh both.

However, if I merge them in Power BI Desktop to create a mergerd query, then publish to power BI, the data gateway will not refresh.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

I am facing the same issue, I am mergeing Excel Online data with On-Prem SQL data and to over come this  issue I had to use Personal Mode Gateway for the refreshes. This is good but the Personal Mode Gateway has limitations when compared to Enterprise Gateway. This is a bug that needs to be fixed. Is there a way I can use Enterprise Gateway with a merged query?

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, 

I realise this is an old thread but it's the one I found when searching for merging queries between gateway and cloud (SQL Server and Salesforce in my case) and it doesn't have the solution that worked for me. I had to go into the gateway cluster settings in the PBI web service and tick the box to allow cloud data sources to refresh through the gateway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors