Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Giorgi1989
Advocate II
Advocate II

Memory issues encountered when creating Dataflows

Dear All,

We utilize dataflows to build multiple reports in our organization. 

We are using a Pro licence. Our data source is SAP Business Warehouse. 

It happens quite often that I run into memory issues in Power Query, whereby I receive an error message that runs like this "No memory available to extend the pool for internal tables". 

This usually happens when the number of rows is somewhere from 1 to 5 mils (So we are not talking about billions of rows, etc.).

Could someone please direct me to resources that could explain these memory issues at a greater length? What are the factors that influence them?

I am trying to identify what options do I have to resolve these issues:

- Would we need to update our subscritption to Premium?

- Is there anything we can do within our organization to mitigate these?

Any resources/tips/reading materials on these would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Giorgi1989 ,

The error " No more memory space available for extending an internal table.", this problem is from SAP and is related to the internal tables used.

Could you please open an SAP support ticket and ask the SAP system administrator to analyze the issue on the SAP side?

Here is similar situation to you that can be used as a reference: no memory available to extend the pool for internal tables.. (wis 10901) | SAP Community

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Giorgi1989
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you very much for your response. Yes, I plan to investigate it with SAP system administrator. 

v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Giorgi1989 ,

The error " No more memory space available for extending an internal table.", this problem is from SAP and is related to the internal tables used.

Could you please open an SAP support ticket and ask the SAP system administrator to analyze the issue on the SAP side?

Here is similar situation to you that can be used as a reference: no memory available to extend the pool for internal tables.. (wis 10901) | SAP Community

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors