Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mgirvin
Advocate I
Advocate I

Members Upload Files to Workspace?

Dear Team,

I have created a Workspace and added members by e-mail. But when one of the members tries to upload, they cannot see the Workspace. I would like all the members that I have added by e-mail to be able to upload files to the Workspace.

More Detail:

1) In powerbi.com on the left in the Workspace area I have clicked the "Create app Workspace" button.

2) I named the Workspace

3) For Available I selected "Public - anyone can see what's inside" and "Members can edit Power BI Content"

4) In "Add workspace members", I have added multiple e-mails for people I wanted to add as members

5) Click Save

6) Then when I had one of the members try to publish a File.pbix file to the Workspace, they cannot see the Workplace. This person who tried to upload does have a powerbi.com account.

How do I fix this? Or, what is the correct way to create a Workspace, then add members, then allow them to upload to the Workspace?

I have tried this a number of times, but each time it fails. I am sort of disappointed that this seems to be so hard.

One last question, once I create a Workspace, how do I delete it? I tried deleting some of the failed attempts at creating a workspace where members can upload, but I could not find the option to delete the Workspace.

Sincerely, Michael Girvin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mgirvin ,

Do the users have pro licenses?  Everyone you add to an app workspace needs a Power BI Pro license. Please refer to the online document about appworkspace.

If the users do have please try to publish the reports in Power BI service, navigate to the target app workspace, click Get Data -> Files to see if you are able to publish the report successfully. 

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mgirvin ,

Do the users have pro licenses?  Everyone you add to an app workspace needs a Power BI Pro license. Please refer to the online document about appworkspace.

If the users do have please try to publish the reports in Power BI service, navigate to the target app workspace, click Get Data -> Files to see if you are able to publish the report successfully. 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @mgirvin ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as the solution to close the case please. Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors