Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marijane
Helper I
Helper I

Member, contributor and viewer have the same permissions

Hi,

I have a user that is administrator and I have the user of my account. I was testing different profiles which means I change my user  (with adminstrator account) to access one workspace with admin, member, contributor, and viewer permissions. For my surprise member, contributor and viewer had permissions to add members,  create and update app, edit, manage gateway etc. Only the member has all of these permissions. I don't know why this is happening. Can you help? I tried log out and login with my user but had no effect.

6 REPLIES 6
marijane
Helper I
Helper I

The administration of the center said that to change permissions of Power bi is on office 365 and in office 365 I don't have admin permissions... and also on Azure I don't have admin permissions.  I don't know what else I can do. Maybe he does not know how to do it. Can you explain me the process?

marijane
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Greg_Deckler , thank you for your answer. My user was admin indeed but I change it on manage roles for simple user but still not working. About your idea:  I  can't create new accounts inside my organization.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @marijane 

You need to be Azure administrator to do so.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Thank you for your answer @aj1973 . I was on azure portal with an administrator user but I didn't see anything to change permissions for power bi. I only see the options to change user permissions when I click on administration on the menu of the left which redirects me to Microsoft office admin center. 

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Being Admin of you Azure account doesn't mean you are the Supper admin of Azure space or Office 365 which is your Microsoft admin center. you might need to contact the administrator of the Center.

Sorry if i wasn't more precise on my previous reply

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@marijane - If your account is a Power BI Admin then different permission levels are not going to apply to your account. I would highly recommend creating test user accounts for each of those roles.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors