Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

reymalave
Helper I
Helper I

Measures update on Power BI Service

Hi,

This probably one of the rookies questions around. I made a model with power bi desktop and upload it to the service so I could work on it from another computer. Now I have a nice report but it felt like some new measures are needed went back to the desktop created the new measures but could not find a way to upload these new measures to the model on the service. Is there a way upload these new measures or to work around this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @reymalave ,

Just publish the pbix to service and replace the old dataset.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @reymalave ,

Just publish the pbix to service and replace the old dataset.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

Sorry for my super late answer, I can do that but I loose my report on the service since its been replace. I am trying to keep working on the same report but adding new measures. 

To give a little context, last time I did it (publishing the updated file) I lost all my work on the service.

Thanks,

Reynaldo

Hi @reymalave ,

Does that make sense? If so kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case. Thanks in advance.

Hi @v-frfei-msft ,

Did my last reply help you to better understand my problem? I am still having problems with updating my measures on an already uploaded file. Here is the thing, I created a file using Power BI Desktop. I was not planning to build my report on my computer but I did create all the measures needed at the time and publish it to the service. I work on my report from the service and created different pages and a dashboard. I wanted to keep on working on this report (which is now entirely on the service) but needed some new measures to enrich it and make it more appealing so I want back into my desktop created these new measures I republish my file and it completly erase my previous work on the service. Is not a nice feeling seeing all those hours of work just dessapear. 

Can you please help me out or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Reynaldo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors