Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

J_R_Cribb
Helper I
Helper I

Measures keep changing to (Blank) in Online Service

Hello All, 

I have a series of measures calculating Turnover based on different time frames, for example:

Inv_Last_Month = CALCULATE([Turnover £], 'Date'[IsLastMonth?] = "True")

My 'Turnover £' field is a measure as I am required to convert from €.

'IsLastMonth?' is calculated at query level, returning true or false.

There are no errors in either of the above fields, and the measure appears correct and shows the correct figure in Desktop. 

When I initially publish the report to BI Online the figures still appear correct, but when I go back to check a little while later or after a scheduled refresh, all of these measures show (blank).

I have tried everything to get the measures to stay up, including deleting and recreating measures, adjusting relationships and clearing cache, but nothing appears to have worked.

Please can somebody help??

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @J_R_Cribb,

Can you share some sample data to test? I can't reproduce your issue.
In addition, which mode you used to connect the datasource, import or direct query?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft

Thank you for your reply.

As most of my data is confidential, what sample can I provide that you think would be of use?

All data is Imported, not direct query.

Thanks, 

HI @J_R_Cribb,

>>As most of my data is confidential, what sample can I provide that you think would be of use?

Can you provide the table structure and calculated measure formula? I will build a sample to test.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft

I have a Revenue table that includes the following fields (simplified):

• Invoice Date
  • Invoice Number
  • Invoice Value £
  • Invoice Qty

I have the following conditional columns added at query level, all of which return true/false:

• ThisWeek? 
  • PreviousWeek?
  • ThisMonth?
  • PreviousMonth?

The measures I then have in my report are as follows:

Inv This Week = CALCULATE(sum('Revenue'[Invoice Value £]), 'Revenue'[ThisWeek?] = "True")

Inv Last Week = CALCULATE(sum('Revenue'[Invoice Value £]), 'Revenue'[PreviousWeek?] = "True")

Inv This Month = CALCULATE(sum('Revenue'[Invoice Value £]), 'Revenue'[ThisMonth?] = "True")

Inv Last Month = CALCULATE(sum('Revenue'[Invoice Value £]), 'Revenue'[LastMonth?] = "True")

The Measures work absolutely fine and are correct in BI Desktop, and continue to be correct when I manually refresh in Desktop.

The problem occurs when I publish the report to the Online Service, where at some point the measure just returns a (blank) value?? This could potentially happen during a scheduled refresh?

I would then need to refresh the report manually in desktop and then reupload, which is less than ideal.

I hope data sample is satisfactory, if not please do let me know.

Thank you in advance @v-shex-msft!

Hi @J_R_Cribb,

I think the issue may related to your conditional columns, if you use calculated column to instead, do this issue appears again?

conditional sample:

this_week= if(AND(WEEKNUM([Date],1)=WEEKNUM(TODAY(),1),YEAR([Date])=YEAR(TODAY())),"True")

last_week= if(AND(WEEKNUM([Date],1)=WEEKNUM(MAX('Table'[Date]),1),YEAR([Date])=YEAR(MAX('Table'[Date]))),"True")

this_month= if(FORMAT([Date],"mm/yyyy")=FORMAT(TODAY(),"mm/yyyy"),"True")

last_month= if(FORMAT([Date],"mm/yyyy")=FORMAT(MAX('Table'[Date]),"mm/yyyy"),"True")

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors