Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

deepu299
Advocate V
Advocate V

Measures from Multiple Facts with different dimensions

Hi, I have a model with multiple facts and a dimension (hierarchy). My requirement is to build a matrix report with all these measures and be able to use the slicers from Hierarchy table. 

Something like this - Employees are common in all the tables and the relations are based on Emp. I want the matrix to be by Month, but since the Month columns are different for different measures, I am having difficuty in building this. Measure0 should be based on Month0, Measure2 by Month2 and Mesure3 and 4 by Month 3 and 4 respectively. I have tried to build a table using DAX, but then I am not able to bring in Employees over there due to which slicers doesn't interact. 

Can anyone please suggest me a workaround? Thanks in advance.

Hierarchy Fact1    
Emp EmpMonth0Measure0  
E1 E120180110  
E2 E220180220  
E3 E320180315  
  Fact2    
  EmpMonth2Measure2 
  E120180110  
  E220180220  
  E320180315  

Fact3    
  EmpMonth3Measure3Month4Measure4
  E12018011020180510
  E22018022020180120
  E32018031520180715
2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What I would suggest doing is to merge your 3 fact tables into one table.

Then to create a date table, and create a relationship from your fact table to your date table.
Then also create a relationship from your Emp table to your Fact table.

Once the above is done and your data model is created as a star schema you will then be able to create the matrix as required.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ Thanks for the response. I have tried merging, it didn't work ideally due to other dimensions in those tables. They are all at different levels and while merging I have to do an aggregation. My final measure will be an Average in the matrix table. So while merging if I do SUM, it will add up all 0's due to which avegrage impacts. If I do an Avg while merging, the final table will do Average of Averages when seen by month. Is there any reporting workaround other than merging, can you please suggest?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors