Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measures from Desktop Different Outputs on PBI Web

Hey All,

I'm running into a strange problem when publishing to the online web service, where my measures will calculate fine and output on the dekstop, but once I publish to the web service and view the same published report online the measures do not compute and output blank. The DAX formulas I'm using that it seems not to like are something like:

Four Hour Production Rate = CALCULATE(AVERAGE('ePFS Reports'[Good Parts Production Rate (parts/hr)]), 'ePFS Reports'[Date Time] >= (NOW()-4/24))

Where i take any timestamps that are greater (later) than 4 hours ago, e.g. the last 4 hours. This measure works fine and outputs correctly on PBI desktop, but once I publish to the PBI Web service these measures come up blank. My other data including the raw stuff and other measures seem to come in correctly, including other measures that use the "NOW" in conjunction with the "CALCULATE", though all my measures that include "AVERAGE" seem to be failing.
1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What it could possibly be is that all the Power BI Servers have their time set to UCT.

When using NOW() it will be the time of the UTC server, so depending where you are in the world, it could mean your timezone is a day behind or ahead from the Power BI Servers, which will affect your measure.

What you could do, is to add in the Hours to your NOW() so that it offsets to the correct DateTime.

Power BI Desktop uses the Timezone on your PC, which I am going to assume is different from UTC

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors