Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Renaud
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Measures added to a powerBI dataset do not appear in analyse with excel

When creating (with powerBI desktop for example) a new report from an existing dataset, and adding a measures (not existing in the original dataset) and publishing that new report, the analyse in excel function does not show the new measure. 
Is it a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Renaud

It is not a Bug, I get this from PG at the moment:

This is current Analyze in XL behavior. When doing Analyze in XL we are connecting to a dataset and not to a report so for the measure to appear in AIX it should be in the dataset.

When connecting to the dataset from Desktop and creating a report with new measure the connection to the dataset is read only connection and the measure is added to the report only.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Renaud

It is not a Bug, I get this from PG at the moment:

This is current Analyze in XL behavior. When doing Analyze in XL we are connecting to a dataset and not to a report so for the measure to appear in AIX it should be in the dataset.

When connecting to the dataset from Desktop and creating a report with new measure the connection to the dataset is read only connection and the measure is added to the report only.

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-lili6-msft for your answer, I understand the logic behind. I'll think whether to submit an idea to enhance that.
But at the same time, I am thinking the best way to deal with this would probably to allow "Analyze in XL" to connect to a PowerBI dataset and add measures locally, just like it can be done in PBI service or PBI desktop. Is this anywhere on the roadmap?

hi, @Renaud 

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner .

Best Regards,

Lin

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Renaud 

I could reproduce the same result, I have submitted it to PG.

will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

Lin

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors